Lead all Company sales and business development activities throughout the U.S. and selected International locations for the Commercial & Industrial water treatment products and systems. The position is responsible for managing the department to achieve the annual sales growth and profitability goals of the Company. Member of the senior management team. Reports to the President & Chief Operating Officer.
The position will be based in our corporate headquarters located in Racine, Wisconsin. We are in close proximity to both the Milwaukee metro area and the northern Chicago suburbs. We offer an attractive base salary, quarterly profit sharing plan, sales commission potential, 401(k) with company contribution, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance policy, and paid vacation plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and execute the overall sales and marketing plan including objectives, forecasts, budgets, strategies, pricing models, customer segments, and product needs.
- Assess the overall C&I product lines and offer input for new product creation, existing product enhancement, and elimination of obsolete or unprofitable products.
- Lead and manage the Inside Sales Team to include application/sales engineers, customer service, technical support, and order entry personnel.
- Develop leads, prepare target account lists, and conduct sales calls.
- Lead the development and delivery of commercial proposals and customer presentations.
- Coordinate certain marketing functions such as the Company web-site, sales materials, promotional activities, trade show exhibits, advertising, and sponsorships.
- Closely monitor the activities and products of all competitors and industry technology trends.
- Prepare periodic department progress reports with proposed recommendations for improvement.
- Use technical skills to evaluate site and project scope details and gather data as required by the engineering team.
- Travel as needed to drive sales growth through both new and existing customer accounts.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering, or related technical field. MBA preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of Sales and/or Sales Management experience in the Water Treatment Industry (or related experience in custom built industrial machinery and systems).
- Prior experience selling water treatment equipment involving water softening, media filtration, membrane technology, and specialty ion exchange technologies.
- Prior experience with a wide variety of industries and applications is a plus (e.g. Food/Beverage, Chemical, Healthcare)
- Prior experience with a variety of sales distribution channels and client types (e.g. industrial end-users, distributors, dealers, manufacturers representatives, OEM's, and national accounts).
- Familiarity with the pre-construction and design-build process for commercial, institutional, and industrial markets working with construction companies, mechanical contractors, and specifying engineering firms.
- Ability to understand commercial terms & conditions and negotiate sales contracts.
- Consultative, problem-solving selling approach and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong personal ability to lead people, motivate, and resolve conflict.
- Successful track record of high sales and management achievements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Competency with standardized projection software for membrane and ion exchange applications (e.g. Dow ROSA program).
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-30%.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Attn: Steve LaMere, President / COO
PO Box 044170
Racine, WI. 53404