The role of the senior project engineer is to serve as the leader of the project team assigned to the design of the products and systems in accordance with the client specifications for commercial, institutional, and industrial water treatment projects. It will involve close communication and coordination with other internal functions such as Sales, Procurement, and Manufacturing in addition to working with outside parties such as Suppliers and our Clients and their Representatives. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
The position will be based in our corporate headquarters located in Racine, Wisconsin. We are in close proximity to both the Milwaukee metro area and the northern Chicago suburbs. We offer an attractive base salary, quarterly profit sharing plan, 401(k) with company contribution, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance policy, and paid vacation plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret complex customer specification/requirement documents
- Produce P&ID's, PFD's, general arrangements, and piping designs per established industry standards
- Conduct the specification and sizing of internally designed or externally purchased fluid handling components (tanks, piping, pumps, valves, flow & pressure sensors, etc.).
- Understand & meet regulatory requirements and considerations where applicable
- Integrate components into product system designs that meet the customer requirements and achieve cost targets
- Create detailed system drawings for manufacturing and customer documentation
- Create and release BOMs through the engineering change order process
- Create project schedules and self-manage through the design to meet project milestones for highly complex projects
- Participate in cross-functional design collaboration
- Interact with customers and vendors in an independent nature
- Mentor Project Engineers and Drafters in industry standards
- Assist in scheduling workflow through the department and documenting processes
- Perform other duties as assigned including product development projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering is preferred (other engineering disciplines considered based upon relevant industry experience).
- Training or accreditation in Project Management preferred
- Able to perform typical design hand calculations including pump sizing, flow velocity, CG, etc.
- 5+ years of industrial design engineering experience involving large capital projects (preferably above $1M in value).
- Prior experience with commercial & industrial water treatment equipment involving water softening, media filtration, membrane technology, and specialty ion exchange technologies.
- Prior experience with a wide variety of industries and applications is a plus (e.g. Food/Beverage, Chemical, Healthcare)
- 3-D modeling experience is required (Inventor preferred).
- Strong personal ability to lead people, motivate, and resolve conflict.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Competency with standardized projection software for membrane and ion exchange applications (e.g. Dow ROSA program).
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Up to 20% travel may be required depending on the project.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Attn: Justin Hanson P.E., Vice President of Operations
PO Box 044170
Racine, WI. 53404