Designed for larger commercial and industrial applications with multi-tank parallel systems common for high flow rates. Tank diameters up to 144" and service pipe connections to 8" flange are available.
- Epoxy lined and prime exterior finished carbon steel pressure vessels. Non-ASME construction with 100 psig working pressure.
- Galvanized steel face-piping assembly with cast iron, normally-open, "Y" pattern diaphragm control valves. Filters with service piping 6" and larger utilize flanged carbon steel face-piping and double-acting butterfly control valves.
- Pilot stager valve controller for automatic backwash operation. Pre-wired in a NEMA-12 enclosure with an adjustable timeclock for backwash initiation.
- Self-adjusting flow control to maintain accurate backwash rates.
- PVC media-retaining underdrain distribution system in either hub-radial or header-lateral configurations for minimal pressure drop and proper backwashing.
'MID' MULTIMEDIA FILTERS
High efficiency, in-depth filter system using a layered bed of anthracite, silica sand, and two grades of garnet for excellent filtration down to the order of 5-10 micron. Multi-Media has the highest service flow rates available in a pressure type filter and suitable for final filtration of most city water and well water supplies. Not recommended as the primary filtration means for extremely high turbidity applications.
'AGA' FILTER-AG® FILTERS
General service filter system using a non-hydrous silicon dioxide media for suspended solids removal down to the 20-40 micron range. The fractured edges and irregular surface of the media creates less pressure drop by allowing deeper sediment penetration without caking and blinding the bed surface. Filter-Ag has a lighter weight than traditional sand media thereby requiring lower backwash rates and thus better water conservation.
'MGA' IRON REMOVAL FILTERS
Filter system capable of reducing iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide using manganese greensand filter media. Manganese greensand is formulated from a glauconite coated with varying types of manganese oxides. Soluble iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide are then oxidized and precipitated by contact with these oxides. Precipitates are then filtered and removed by the backwash step. Oxidative capacity of the media must be restored through either periodic regeneration with a weak potassium permanganate (KMnO4) solution or a continuous chemical feed of KMnO4, chlorine, or a combination of both.
'ACA' ACTIVATED CARBON FILTERS
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) is designed for the reduction of tastes, odors, and dissolved organic material from municipal and industrial water supplies. The most common application is the removal of free chlorine from water supplies as pre-treatment to other water treatment systems such as reverse osmosis. Inlet water to activated carbon systems should be relatively free of turbidity and iron for optimal performance. Numerous types of activated carbon are available for specialty applications.
'ANA' NEUTRALIZATION FILTERS
Calcite is a crushed and screened calcium carbonate media used to neutralize acidic or low pH water supplies to a neutral, less corrosive effluent. Acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate on contact to raise the pH which reduces the potential leaching of copper and other metals found in piping systems. Media will need to be added periodically as it depletes in the filter vessel. Since the effluent water will increase in calcium level, a water softener may be required after the neutralizing filter.
- ASME constructed, stamped, and certified pressure vessels for varying working pressures.
- "Safety Blue" finish painted vessel exteriors. Alternative colors are available.
- 'MX-III' Electronic programmable cycle controllers for systems up to 4 filter tanks.
- Pressure differential switch initiated backwash cycle.
- Separate source backwash valves.
- Inlet/outlet pressure gauges and sample valves.
- Sch 80 PVC face-piping and thermo-plastic diaphragm valves (1-3" service).
- Sch 80 PVC face-piping and butterfly valves (3-8" service).
- 304/316 Stainless steel pressure vessels, face-piping, and internal distributors.
- Manual system valves for operator-performed backwash cycle.
- Chemical pre-dosing injection equipment.
- Potassium permanganate regenerant systems (for MGA filters).
- Air-scour backwash systems (for high particulate applications).
- Steam or hot water sanitizable systems (for ACA filters).
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) electrical packages.
- Skid mounted, pre-piped, and pre-wired systems (for multiple filters).