The Marlo 'MMB' Series Mixed-Bed Deionizer (MBDI) systems are designed for industrial, ultra-pure water applications where only trace amount of dissolved solids are allowed. The cation and anion exchange processes take place in a single vessel where extremely high water purity is achievable (up to 18.3 Meg-Ohm resistivity). On-site chemical regeneration of the resin also occurs within the vessels after an automatic separation step.
- Heavy-gauge carbon steel pressure vessels internally lined with a chemically resistant vinylester coating. All exterior surfaces are coated with a acid and caustic resistant "Safety Blue" paint finish. Non-ASME construction with 100 psig working pressure.
- Flat-false bottom resin support with a hub-radial, non-clogging underdrain constructed of PVC for the ultimate in corrosion resistance. Resin interface lateral is 316 stainless steel.
- High capacity, strong-acid cation exchange resin in hydrogen-form.
- High capacity, Type 1 strong-base anion exchange resin in hydroxide-form (shipped in chloride form).
- Sch 80 PVC face-piping assemblies with thermo-plastic, normally-open, "Y" pattern diaphragm control valves. All control valves are air-operated requiring a 80-100 psig of clean, plant air supply.
- Pressure vessels are mounted on a structural carbon steel skid and pre-piped to the fullest extent for minimal floor space requirements and ease of installation.
- Comprehensive Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system pre-wired in a NEMA-4X electrical enclosure. Includes all operator switches, push-buttons, indicator/alarm lights, and heavy-duty solenoids for control valve actuation.
- Panel-mounted system flow meter and DI water resistivity monitor with digital display.
- Pre-assembled system pressure gauge and sampling valve center.
- ASME constructed, stamped, and certified pressure vessels for varying working pressures.
- Automatic low/no flow recirculation pump systems.
- Primary/Polisher twin systems for the ultimate water purity (16-18 Meg-Ohm).
- Automatic alternating systems for continuous service.
- Sulfuric acid regenerated cation systems.
- Pumped chemical regeneration systems.
- Rubber-lined pressure vessels.
- Instrumentation additions include flow totalization, pH, and chemical percent meters.
- Touch-screen operator interface terminals in lieu of lights and switches.
- Forced-draft decarbonator towers for CO2 reduction pre-treatment.
- Product water storage tanks and re-pressurization pump systems.
- Waste chemical neutralization systems with automatic controls.
- Multi-media, activated carbon, and reverse osmosis pre-treatment systems.
- UV sterilization and sub-micron filter post-treatment systems.